Sunday, February 12, 2012

Believe

Belief in something greater than self is the basic building block of self esteem.  Surely I am to weak and fallible to have a real sense of self esteem. If my value as a person is based exclusively on my decisions and actions I am valued rather lowly.  Not that I am bad but I fall woefully short of the type of perfection needed to engender faith or belief in.
With that said, if I can believe in something that is greater than myself and make decisions based upon that belief I can begin to build toward something grand. For self worth to be achieved the something or someone you believe in must love and value you. You must want to mirror or achieve the attributes and abilities of the thing in which you believe.
This goes for all people regardless of belief system. So I say again:
Belief in something greater than self is the basic building block of self esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment