Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sermon on the Mount

A lot of religious overtones lately, been reading the sermon on the mount with my family.  Pray for enemies.  Do good to those that hate and use you. Takes a big person, bigger than me to be that meek and humble.  I feel much more powerful and in control when I can hold on to my anger and hatred. 
I suppose that is the lesson intended! 
To let go of the natural emotions and perceived protections of anger, blame and hatred is to let go of part of ourselves and open up to a greater power. I am sure that the results include more power, control and self fulfillment, but I have not experienced that yet.  I will continue to hold on to my pettiness and deny myself a chance at change and growth! Maybe some of you are like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment