Friday, March 30, 2012

Judge

We are taught not to judge but judging both others and ourselves against others is as natural as breathing.  What a shame! A judgment is always inaccurate and nearly always unfair.  It hurts others and ourselves.  How would our own self view improve if we stopped viewing ourselves through the lens of the most perfect people we know?
Life has a way of bringing us low. Being low gives a more clear view of reality that is not clouded by our own visions of ourselves.  Seeing myself in a stripped down, no defenses type of situation is educational at the least and life changing at best. Only life changing if I learn the lesson. 
Why did I ever think I knew how people felt? Why did I ever think I could pass judgement on the doings of others? Foolish!
Only One knows and can judge.
Why not leave it to Him and spend our time being decent humans? That is the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment