Thursday, August 2, 2012

Death by Rooster

I rode out Siphon to Truckersville and back yesterday and nearly died by Rooster! As I rode I could see two big roosters in the road.  One in each lane.  I have known roosters to be both stupid and mean so I was a little concerned as my balance is less than perfect and maybe not that good. I decided to ride between them.  I was going about 21 miles per hour and thought I could split them before they reacted to either run under a tire or try and peck me, both of which would have me on my side.  I was wrong.
The one on the right went left and the one on the left went right.  They crisscrossed just in front of me and I missed hitting them by inches! By some miracle I did not lose my balance and crash however my hear rate rose to an alarming rate, as you can imagine.
Funny now but I seem to have said some unacceptable things about those two chickens as I rode on.  Also I think I will skip any "out of town" rides for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment