Friday, May 11, 2012

experiment

If you like social experiments I have a good one for you. 
Go to a "nice" part of town and just stand. Stand on a corner or under a tree and just watch the reaction of the drivers as they go past. 
It won't work if your in a part of town where most people walk and a lot of "undesirables" live and hang out because you just blend in.
A few days ago I was on the corner of Whitaker and Chubbuck waiting for a bus.  It was hot so I stood under a tree for shade as I waited.  I was there for around 20 min.  In that time every single driver that went by stared at me as if they were trying to get a good description to give the cops when I committed a crime!
Many of these people I knew and after a few seconds of staring they recognized me and waved.  But none failed to stare at me as if it is an odd thing to be on the corner on foot. 
So go to a nice neighborhood and just stand on the corner as if your waiting for something.  Smile and wave and be friendly.  It won't matter people will stare and even give questioning looks as if to ask what your up to.  Pretty interesting.
As I've said before I learn a lot by not being in a hurry and watching all of you be in a hurry.  People watching has become my favorite pass time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment