Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Friendship

A little earlier today I had a very educational, interesting and telling experience with two individuals.  I had conversations with these two people virtually at the same time.  One has been a friend for some years and has expressed his support and love for me and my family.  The other is a person with whom I have the beginnings of a friendship.  I have also done business with both of them.

During a 15 minute span, one of the two expressed love and hope for myself and my family and did so with genuine concern and friendship.  His conversation built me up and made an average day much better. 

The other, based on a discussion he had with "some people" essentially called me a liar but indicated he would pray for me in spite of me.

The positive and genuine discussion was not with the friend of years from whom I would have expected it but from a man that I have only known for a short time and all in a business nature. 

The negative discussion which buried me for a few hours in anger and sadness came from the friend with whom I have had a strong even deep friendship.

Not sure there is a moral to the story, but it did not happen as I thought it would.  Turns out everyone has their own way of being and that no matter how deep a friendship or relationship, it can be buried in an instant.

Sorry this is a little long. Just food for thought.

2 comments:

  1. Been there done that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eye opening. You're unlocking information not learned any other way. Worth it? No way! But eye opening. We'll always be right beside you. Love ya bud!

    ReplyDelete