Monday, May 14, 2012

hills and valleys

Saturday was a perfect day.  Slept in a bit.  Watched my daughter play soccer and then worked in the yard the rest of the day with my wife and kids.  This is not very notable as it was a pretty standard spring Saturday.  The notable thing about it was not the weather the yard work or anything like that.  The notable portion of the day was that I felt completely normal.  It seems that I was insulated from all of the problems that surround me.  It was as if our lives were completely charmed for that particular day.  I felt good, great even.  No one bothered me.  Everyone I saw was pleasant and friendly.  I did not have a care in the world.  It was beautiful. 
It was not just a hill in the game of hills and valleys that represent our lifes but a mountain.  I would like to have experienced the heights for a little longer but alas here I am in the valley below again. 
That is life as they say!

No comments:

Post a Comment