Thursday, January 5, 2012

Suffocating!

One of the things that is most difficult for me with regards to my new status as an epileptic is the constant nature of the disease.  I woke up in the middle of the night last night in a panic because I felt so suffocated by this change.  It is with me every second of every hour of every day for the rest of my life.  I still see epilepsy as my enemy, as some unwanted guest that won't leave me alone.  It never leaves my thoughts, like a nightmare that won't go away. 

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand. I keep thinking that the doctors will find and answer and cure me, but it just doesn't happen. They think epilepsy is something I have to live with. I have been refusing to believe it is something I have to live with, but the reality is that I need to give up and accept it. I don't want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a hard realization. However we can't just give up. I will always try and find a way to get healthier.

    ReplyDelete