Friday, January 13, 2012

Ups and Downs

One thing I am learning is that epilepsy can't seem to make up it's mind when it comes to me.  Four days no trouble feel great. Bam, change of plans, 4 seizures in 24 hours.  I have no strength especially in my legs and cannot lift them enough to walk.  It will be a long day in bed I'm afraid. 

I coach football out at Century High School and Dave the head coach often tells the boys not to get to high or to low during a game.  There will be good things and bad things happen he says, you've got to stay emotionally level.  I feel like that is great advice for me because of the variable nature of my current lifestyle.  It is easy to get really high when I feel well.  Deep dark lows often follow a bad string of seizures. 

Managing those emotions seems to be the order of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment